Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A really nice carrot cake

I've made this recipe twice in the last two weeks. It's very easy and tastes delicious.

I can't vouch for the icing recipe as I had leftover buttercream each time and used that instead.

For ease of reference, here it is:

1 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon (I used mixed spice as I was out of cinnamon)
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
5 tbsp oil (eg canola)

2 smallish carrots, peeled and grated (to make one cup)
One 400gm can crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Combine the dry ingredients with the eggs and oil, and mix until combined. Mix in pineapple, carrot and walnuts.

Pour into baking tin (I used a ring tin) and bake at 180 degrees for 35-40 minutes.

Remove from tin once out of the oven and ice when cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment